09 Jan Seven ThingsLists | Elizabeth Loupas
I appear to have been tagged by Alex Moore, young adult fantasy writer and cat person. That means I have to tell you seven things about myself that you probably didn’t already know. And that aren’t too dull. Heh.
- I was my high school’s Betty Crocker Homemaker of Tomorrow. Really. No, really.
- I ended up as a vice president of a radio network. They didn’t have a Radio Network Executive of Tomorrow contest.
- My childhood beagle’s name was Tuesday’s Prince Charles. We called him Charlie.
- A few years ago I slipped on some ice (ice in Dallas, I know, that’s why I wasn’t expecting it) and smashed my left kneecap to smithereens. The orthopedic surgeon said I’d never kneel down to play jacks again. He meant it as a joke but I learned to play jacks just so I could prove him wrong. (I did.)
- I am the first cousin thirteen times removed of Bessie Blount, Henry VIII’s first mistress.
- I once dressed up as a manuscript for a Halloween party—I stapled typed pages all over jeans and a t-shirt, and made myself a tall headdress with flowing streamers of stapled-together pages. People really did try to read me.
- When I was young and foolish I lived at the corner of Bourbon Street and Esplanade Avenue in New Orleans. Oh, lordy, it was such a great place to be young and foolish.