07 Jan 2009 ListsGardening, Lists, Reading, Stargazing, Writing | Elizabeth Loupas
I love to make lists. I live and die by my daily listsI have a little gadget on my Vista sidebar where I can make a list with checkboxes, and check things off as the day progresses. Another holdover from my corporate days, I suppose, when I kept comprehensive lists of things to do on yellow legal pads, crossing off and dating things as they were done and saving the pads when they were full, just in case. Those pads came in handy sometimes.
This is just a list of things I’m thinking about at the moment.
- Christmas decorations are put away, all safe in their beds, for next year.
- No stargazing for the past few nights—it’s been cold, cloudy and rainy. I miss it.
- Revisions of Duchess are proceeding apace. Some really good stuff is happening, I think.
- I’m re-reading The White Witch by Elizabeth Goudge. It started to call to me after I wrote up my post about Goudge being part of my fantasy writers group. What an extraordinary book.
- Time to start thinking about this summer’s garden. Also to order a new rose bush from David Austin Roses. We have a spot where an ancient Peace rose gave up the ghost last summer.
- Did I mention that revisions are going really well?